“`html

iSport News

Bernardo Silva has declared that playing for Real Madrid “is not for everyone” following his official presentation by the 15-time European champions on Wednesday. The Portuguese midfielder, who arrived on a free transfer after his contract with Manchester City expired this summer, expressed his pride in joining one of football’s most decorated clubs.

“I’ve already played quite a few times at the Bernabeu — when you arrive and see the 15 Champions League titles they display there, it’s very imposing, and having them here is very special,” Silva said during an interview with Real Madrid TV. “Playing for a club that has 15 Champions League titles is not for everyone, so I’m very proud and now I’ll give everything for this club.”

Rodri’s Transfer Saga and Mourinho’s Comments

Meanwhile, Silva’s former teammate at Manchester City, Spanish midfielder Rodri, made a surprising switch to Barcelona on Tuesday, after being strongly linked with Real Madrid. The transfer stirred attention, especially considering comments from Real Madrid’s new head coach, Jose Mourinho, who revealed he had engaged in discussions with Rodri earlier in the summer.

“I spoke with him a couple of times, and Real Madrid made him a very good offer,” Mourinho told the Spanish television program El Chiringuito. “Rodri had doubts… and the doubts of Rodri created doubts for me.”

He added, “He’s an extraordinary player and was very professional with us, nothing negative to say. But Real Madrid is a club of a stature that can’t have players who think twice about it.”

“`

News iSport